When it comes to lawn care, there are some do’s and don’ts that will help make your lawn the best it can be. Our professional team at J&D Lawn Service would be happy to meet with you to review your lawn care in detail. In the meantime, we’ve summarized a few key tips below for getting and keeping your lawn looking great:
- Don’t mow your grass too often. We all love the look of a well-manicured lawn, however there is such a thing as over mowing your grass. Most lawns in Arizona are of a Bermuda variety, which means the length should be between one and one and a half inches long. A good rule of thumb is to never cut off more than 1/3 of the grass at any one time. If you need to cut more, wait a few days and cut another 1/3. Cutting the grass to a certain length protects the crown. If you cut into the crown of the grass, you can do damage to it.
- When you mow your grass, do make sure your mower has sharp blades. Dull or rough blades can damage the grass stalks, making it look ragged and rough.
- Instead of an attached clippings bag, put the clippings back on the lawn. This will act like a mulch and return nutrients back into the soil.
Some lawn don’ts include:
- Don’t mow wet grass. This can damage the individual grass stalks.
- Don’t over or under water the grass. A programmable timer will help with this.
- Don’t over fertilize your lawn. We can give you a schedule that works best for you lawn’s needs.
If your lawn has brown spots or areas that aren’t growing, we can help them grow to match the rest of the lawn. If you need help with your lawn care, give us a call. Our team has a passion for what we do and will work with you to ensure your lawn is beautiful year-round. Letting J&D care for your lawn is a definite DO!