Trimming, Pruning, Planting, Clean-UpWhether you like the shaped topiary look or a more natural style, we can create the look of your choice.
Trimming Your Bushes 101
Spring is always a good time to address your landscaping and trimming. While you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover, the same can’t be said for your house. The curb appeal is a huge factor in the statement of your house. While you may need additional help maintaining your landscaping, you can do small things like trimming bushes. This will help save time and money.
So what are some of the best ways to keep your bushes manicured throughout the season? Here are a few of our suggestions:
- Make sure to pick the right shears for your bushes. Trimming requires attention to detail. So be aware of the size of your bushes and use the appropriate shears.
- Trimming also requires the right products. This includes fertilizers and lawn care products for maintenance. This will help sustain your trimming efforts.
- When you start the trim, work on the outer branches of your bush using pruning shears. Address branches sticking out of the frame and work your way in. Trimming should be done a few inches at a time.
- Keep your blades sharp and clean. Trimming tools need to be maintained as well.
- Trim your bush to maintain its shape at least once a month during the spring and summer. Cut off only new growth that grows outside the desired area, as well as dead branches inside the bush. If you are aiming for a particular shape, it may take several growing seasons.
Working and maintaining care of your lawn and bushes show pride. Your home represents you and you want it to reflect properly. Landscaping can immediately enhance the appearance of your home. Trimming is a great do-it-yourself project that goes a long way. And if you prefer professionals to help you out in a pinch, we are here for you. J&D Lawn Service has trimming down to science. We can trim your bushes any way you like…shaped and manicured or with a natural look.
Call us at J&D Lawn Service for your lawn and yard maintenance needs. Whether it’s your bushes, costs or entire lawn, we are happy to trim all around.